Saturday, September 12

Cross VS Joss Stick



This wed, i went to buddhist funeral...
Well, is 2nd time i attend buddhist funeral, 1st time was my grandma (my mom's mom)..
Last time when my grandma passed away, i remember that, as a christian, we been told just to bow 3 times to my grandma (就是说没拿着joss stick来拜拜)
At sg, well, a lot of people are buddhist, even though christian are not few~
But from the funeral, they really differentiate religion by 'colour'..
white for christianity, yellow for buddhist~
Back to my story~
My ex-co's dad passed away, i not sure when, maybe since last week~
I never been to a buddhist's funeral, and really don't know what they 'pantang', made me quite nervous and hesitated to attend it~
As i get there, i just watch and follow my co's step...
Taking 3 joss sticks and bow for 3 times~~~
'Well, I'm christian leh, what da hack i holding joss stick??!!'
This question got pop up in my mind for a while, but I not worshipping Buddha, I was just paying respect to the dead~
So, I really not understand--->>>christian? forbidden to touch any related to Buddha??
I don't think so~~~ In my opinion, world is changing now, every person is not bound by their own religion any longer...
But maybe exceptional for some countries~
Then, how about those Buddhist that attend church or wearing necklace with the cross???
Is that means they are 'double-religious'???
...
...
These religious thing really makes me wondering a lot,
never have to thought of it as from my hometown, a lot of christianity, especially my family member..
Pure Christian? Pure Buddhist?
Well... Define it!! Cant found in dictionary or thesaurus as well~~~
Have own definition only~
For me...I'm Christian (even I don't go to church every Sun for worshipping)
N' I keep my faith for my God always~ (God bless everyone!)

2 comments:

Don Don said...

Try to keep this in mind... "ALL RELIGIOUS ARE GOD". No matter what god or any other objects you see in your furture... "JUST PRAY"..you won't lost anything if you pray,,, but you will offence them if you don't pray...

Jen said...

hahaha...noe la,noe la.. but in d end i still loyal to 1 God, eventhough i not so holy~ :p